This two day Understanding Capital Markets course provides an introduction to global capital markets, their purpose and operation. The course covers equities, bonds and their derivatives and gives an introduction to the financial mathematics underlying the valuation of securities via hands-on exercises.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Financial analysts
- Fund managers
- Risk managers
- Corporate treasurers
- Pension fund trustees
- Settlements and middle office staff
- New financial markets employees
Learning Objectives At the end of the course delegates should have a broad understanding of the following subject areas:
- Overview of global capital markets and their role in financial intermediation
- How the markets operate and the roles of the main players
- The capital structure of companies and the position of equity and debt within it
- Equity markets – history and introduction to the main participants
- Debt markets – market structure and dynamics
- Derivatives markets – role in trading and risk management
- Financial mathematics – introducing the basic tools and techniques
This course has no prerequisites. The course covers a wide range of financial and economic concepts, but these will be introduced with no prior knowledge needed.
Please contact us on +44 (0) 20 7776 7500 or email us at [email protected] with any questions you may have and we will be happy to help you.