The ‘Risk on, Risk off’ mentality that has dominated activity on many of the world’s Exchanges over the last couple of years has made the task of Stock picking even harder.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Investment discipline needs to take account of a blend of approaches – Fundamental, Technical & Behavioural. Fundamental Analysis will provide the investor with an opinion on valuation, but not necessarily any input on the timing of entry & exit points.
Finally, one of the traditional building blocks of Efficient Markets – the assumption of rational Investors – has now been seriously questioned since the emergence of Behavioural Finance as an accepted discipline. Technical Analysts have long questioned another – the concept of random walks. Fusion Analysis may be the answer.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Financial Journalists
- Wealth Managers
- Asset Managers
- Equity Research Analysts
One Day. (This course can be delivered over two days in-house)
- In pursuit of Price discovery – A Fusion of numbers, patterns & human behaviour
- Efficient Markets & Rational Investors – a recap; but are they?
- Rational decision making vs instinct & intuition. The madness of crowds
- Prospect Theory, Fear of Regret, Heuristics, Framing
- Cognitive behavioral biases – Anchoring & extrapolation, Base Rate Neglect
- What is the correct Valuation methodology to use? It depends on the sector
- The love affair with the Price-Earnings Ratio. A better tool – PEGs
- Valuations derived from Dividends
- How to value Financials – Price/Book Values
- How to value Manufacturers & Retailers – EV/Sales
- Technical Analysis – What is it all about? Timing your entry & exit points.
- Classic patterns to watch out for – Channels, Breakouts, Head & Shoulders
- Moving Averages
- Relative Strength Indicators (RSI)
- Generating a ‘Fusion’ decision
- Scaling the Fundamentals to generate Buy & Sell signals
- Scaling the Technical Indicators to generate Buy & Sell signals
- Blending & Weighting the trigger indicators
This course has no prerequisites.
Please contact us on +44 (0) 20 7776 7500 or email us at [email protected] with any questions you may have and we will be happy to help you.