This one day Understanding Hedge Funds course covers the evolution of hedge funds, their role in financial markets and the principal investment strategies that they deploy. The course is delivered using a combination of presentations, practical, hand-on examples and case studies.
ABOUT THE COURSE
It reviews the performance of hedge funds in recent times and outlines the potential benefits and key risks in hedge fund investing, including the vital role played by liquidity. The current regulatory status of hedge funds is also covered as well as the main players in the market.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Financial analysts
- Risk managers
- Corporate treasurers
- Family offices
- Pension fund managers
- New financial markets employees
- What are hedge funds? Who are the fund managers?
- What role do hedge funds play in financial markets?
- Absolute return vs benchmark relative investing
- Hedge funds and risk hedging
- Principal hedge fund strategies:
- Equity market neutral
- Convertible bond arbitrage
- Behavioural, including distressed debt
- Commodity Trading Advisors
- Investing in hedge funds: key terms including lock-ups and gates
- Regulatory environment of hedge funds
- Case studies: hedge fund winners and losers
The course assumes a working knowledge of mainstream securities markets and financial arithmetic.
Please contact us on +44 (0) 20 7776 7500 or email us at [email protected] with any questions you may have and we will be happy to help you.