Libra, Blockchain & FinTech – Executive Seminar
Ideas whose time has come?
Two-day executive seminar, Live in London and Live Webcast
Intensive two-day executive programme comprising a series of lectures and discussion sessions designed to build knowledge relating to blockchain & fintech in the light of Facebook’s Libra cryptocurrency announcement.
- Realistic appraisal of the disruptive potential for Libra
- Review of the state of the art in blockchain & fintech technologies
- Why might Libra – with the backing of Facebook – be different?
- Cyber security – how robust are blockchain-based systems?
- Compliance perspective – AML & KYC in pseudonymous systems
- Principal use case types – for what applications is blockchain suitable?
- Comparing and contrasting fiat currencies with digital currency types
- Libra’s technical architecture vis-à-vis its global ambitions
- Potential evolutionary paths in developed and emerging economies
The two-day seminar will be held on 28th and 29th of October 2019.
The seminar begins at 9:30 and end at 16:30 each day.
- Introduction – Libra and its disruptive potential
- Contemporary fintech & blockchain landscape
Discussion: Why haven’t fintech & blockchain had a greater impact thus far?
- Key elements of blockchain technology
Discussion: Do systems have to be “strictly” blockchain to be effective or sustainable?
- Existing financial landscape
Discussion: To what extent could Libra, or other blockchain systems disrupt the core processes of banking, e.g. Asset-Liability Management (A-LM) or commercial credit provision?
- Potential impact in developed and emerging economies
- Comparing and contrasting fiat and cryptocurrencies
- Libra technical architecture
Review: Comparing Libra’s architecture to that of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and Corda
- Regulatory & compliance issues
- Currency systems and Financial services sector impact
- Blockchain & Fintech Use Cases
Discussion: In which circumstances is a blockchain solution preferable to, for instance, a RDBMS system?
- Future evolution
Who should attend?
- Banking professionals
- Corporate treasurers
- Risk managers
- Fintech professionals
- Financial Service sector analysts
Live London Prices
The seminar comes as a great value for a single booking at £1,989
For a double booking the price is discounted to £1,789 per participant.
Triple or larger bookings are at just £1,589 per participant.
Live Webinar Prices
The webinar prices are £1,589 for a single booking, £1,289 per person for a double booking, and just £1,089 for three or more delegates.
Please speak to us to discuss larger bookings.
Early bird discount!
Book by 15 September save a further 10% off the prices quoted.
Please contact us on +44 (0) 20 7776 7500 or email us at [email protected] with any questions you may have and we will be happy to help you.