Understanding Equity Markets
This one day Understanding Equity Markets course covers global equity markets from an investor’s perspective. The course provides a deep understanding of the nature of equity investment and its potential risks and rewards as well as methodologies for effectively analysing equity markets. The course includes hands-on exercises in quantitative analysis and uses case studies to exemplify key market trends.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
We welcome all participants; in particular this course is highly recommended for:
- Financial analysts
- Quantitative analysts
- Risk managers
- Settlements and middle office staff
- New financial markets employees
At the end of the course delegates should have a broad understanding of the following subject areas:
- Equity market overview; history, key investors and the role of exchanges
- Equity’s position in a firm’s capital structure
- Risk and return characteristics of equity securities
- Sectoral analysis of equity markets: methods for grouping equities with their peers
- Equity security analysis: balance sheet valuation and earnings growth estimation
- Pricing models and establishing fair value for equity investments
- Interpretation of key ratios, including dividend yield, price/earnings and gearing
- Macro- and microeconomic factors affecting equity prices
- The future of global equity markets
This course has no prerequisites. Although equity analysis involves a wide range of accounting and economic concepts, these will be introduced with no prior knowledge needed.
Please contact us on +44 (0) 20 7776 7500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have and we will be happy to help you.