Understanding Investment Banking
Rarely out of the news (for all the wrong reasons) & now described as ‘Casino’ Banking by sceptical Politicians & Regulators, the reputation of today’s Investment Bankers has probably not been this low for a long time.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Nevertheless, for the Financial Markets to function, healthy Investment Banks are a prerequisite. Much of what these complicated organisations do is not fully understood. Governments rely on them to arrange their (increasingly large) funding requirements; Corporates rely on them to arrange new Listings on the world’s Exchanges; Financial Institutions rely on them to execute transactions on those same Exchanges.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
We welcome all participants; in particular this course is highly recommended for:
- New joiners in Investment Banking
- Financial Journalists
- Regulators responsible for Investment Banks
- IT providers selling solutions to Investment Banks
At the end of the course delegates should have a broad understanding of the following subject areas:
- The Front, Middle & Back Offices
- How do Investment Banks make their money? Sources of revenue
- Services and products provided by Investment Banks
- Categories of clients and their needs
- Investment Banks as Banks – Loan
- Debt & Equity Capital Market
- Merger & Acquisition Advisory
- Structuring a New Issue (Syndication, Pricing, Investor Targeting)
- Depositary Receipt Programmes
- Sovereign Wealth Funds
- Private Equity Funds
- Financial Institutions & Hedge Funds
- Research, Sales & Trading
- Pension Funds
- Debt Capital Markets
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Risks Investment Banks face
- A changing Regulatory environment
This course has no prerequisites.
Please contact us on +44 (0) 20 7776 7500 or email us at [email protected] with any questions you may have and we will be happy to help you.