Investment Management Certificate
- Further information
- Submit Query
The Investment Management Certificate (IMC) is the most widely recognised financial qualification in the UK. The IMC is administered by the CFA Society of the UK and is an approved threshold competency examination by the Financial Conduct Authority. Currently held by over 15,000 professionals, the IMC is the investments industry’s entry level benchmark qualification for the investment professions.
IMC candidates come from a diverse background and the IMC is generally considered appropriate for anyone entering an investment-related role. The IMC also provides the ideal foundation for those with future plans for the CFA® Program as IMC candidates cover some 30% of the CFA Level I curriculum.
You will learn about the financial markets, regulations, accounting, economics and financial maths.
The next available live classes are:
- Unit 1 Investment Environment – 19th August
- Unit 2 Investment Practice – 16th, 17th and 30th September
Classes begin at 9:30 and end at 16:30 each day.
Contact us on +44 (0) 20 7776 7500 or email us at email@example.com with any questions you may have and we will be happy to help you.
Your study options for IMC are as follows.
- Distance Learning: Quartic Online (a) + Quartic printed materials (b) + Tutor Support (c) = £555.00*
- Classroom Course: Quartic Online (a) + Quartic printed materials (b) + Tutor Support (c) + Classroom course (d) = £955.00*
* All our prices include VAT and free shipping within the UK
(a) Quartic Online – Videos covering the entire curriculum, question banks, mock exams, and other useful tools
(b) Quartic printed materials – Two workbooks and two question bank books
(c) Tutor support – One-to-One tutor support in the classroom, telephone, e-mail or Skype
(d) Classroom course – Four weekend days of classroom based tuition
The IMC is examined using computer-based testing, and testing occurs throughout the working week at test centres across the UK, run by Pearson VUE.
The exam format is a mix between standard multiple choice, item sets and gap-fill style questions. IE has 85 questions, with a 1 hour 40 minute time limit. IP has 105 questions, with a 2 hour 20 minute time limit.
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Regulation and legal concepts
- Client Advice
- Quantitative methods
- Asset classes
- Investment theory
- Full recognition in the industry
- Foundation for careers in the investment profession
- Intellectual challenge
- Contributes to qualification requirements for retail investment advisors
- Excellent introduction into financial exams (see overlap with CFA Level I exam)
- Highlights commitment to ethical standards