Level I CFA®
The Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) Program has been the benchmark of excellence in the investment industry for many years. Whether you’re buy side or sell side, asset manager or investment banker, gaining the CFA charter will show your clients and employers that you are dedicated to achieving the Gold Standard in finance.
All prices are net, VAT will be added where applies.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The first CFA charter was awarded in 1963 and since then has grown to become the global standard: more than 200,000 candidates from over 160 countries register for the exams each year.
In three successive exams you will be assessed on a wide range of subjects, including analytical tools, asset valuation, portfolio management and ethical and professional standards. The knowledge you gain while studying will be invaluable to your future career in finance.
Quartic provides a wide range of learning tools, classes and question banks, both online and face-to-face, to help you to prepare for these challenging exams.
The CFA Level I exam is the only level held twice a year: on the first Saturday in June and first Saturday in December.
There are a variety of test centre locations worldwide. Please see CFA Institute website for details.
The exam is 6 hours long, split into a morning and afternoon session. At Level I you will be given 240 multiple choice questions (3 answer choices), spanning across the different topic areas.
Level I teaches the foundations of finance with a significant emphasis on the analytical tools.
The ten different topic areas are as follows:
- Ethical And Professional Standards
- Quantitative Methods
- Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Equity Investments
- Fixed Income
- Alternative Investments
- Portfolio Management
Registering for the Level I exam has many benefits, some more tangible than others:
- Globally highly regarded program
- Broad curriculum gives you exposure to many different topic areas
- Provides you with advanced financial analysis skills
- Shows dedication to the profession
- Career recognition
- Highlights your commitment to high standards of ethics
- Allows you to network with fellow candidates and charterholders
- Might be used for regulatory purposes (in the UK, Level I in combination with the IMC exam gets you RDR qualified).
In order to enrol on the Program you need:
- a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) OR
- to be in the final year of a degree programme OR
- to have four years of professional work experience OR
- to have a combination of university and work that totals four years
You must also sign a statement of professional conduct, pay the exam fees to CFA Institute and be in possession of a valid international passport.
Please contact us on +44 (0) 20 7776 7500 or email us at [email protected] with any questions you may have and we will be happy to help you.