At the end of the course delegates should have a broad understanding of the following subject areas.
- Understanding of the major Government, Sovereign and Corporate Bond markets
- Importance of the key bond data, including yield, price, coupon and duration
- Bond pricing: how bond prices are derived from other bond data
- The key players in the bond markets and how they influence supply and demand
- Benchmark bonds and their role in bond markets
- Introduction to bond risk analysis and the role of the duration metric
This course has no prerequisites. Although bond market analysis covers a wide range of financial mathematical and economic concepts, these will be introduced with no prior knowledge needed.