Real Estate Investment Management
- Further information
- Submit Query
- Course Details
This Three day Real Estate Investment Management course provides a comprehensive understanding of the dynamics of international real estate investment and their role in major investment funds.
It includes a full review of the financing vehicles and derivative products relating to real estate investment as well as the key data sources, such as benchmark returns and yields.
The programme provides hands-on property development project analysis as well as unique insights into the jargon, terminology and legal structures used in property investment.
It also covers the macroeconomic background to real estate investment and the relationship of property assets to other asset classes.
The course uses case studies to illustrate the potential upside and pitfalls of investing in the market and the issues surrounding legal ownership and property management.
Who should attend?
- Financial analysts
- Risk managers
- Pension fund managers
- Sovereign Wealth Fund Managers
- Family Office investment executives
- New financial markets employees
At the end of the course delegates should have a broad understanding of the following subject areas:
- Main real estate investment types
- Mixed Use
- Public service and utility, eg student accommodation, care homes
- Public Private Partnerships, PPPs, eg hospitals, schools, prisons
- Key terms used in property investment
- Dynamics of the main international real estate markets
- Analysing real estate investments: cash flows, yields and capital appreciation
- Valuation: using ratios, benchmarks and comparables data
- Risk analysis – analysing impact of voids, supply and demand pressures and macroeconomic factors
- Property development projects
- Initial analysis – understanding the opportunity
- Financial modelling, including project Internal Rate of Return (IRR) calculation
- Risk analysis and mitigation
- Project monitoring
- Main property investors: institutional, specialist fund managers and developers
- Legal issues: ownership rights, lease terms, covenants and security of tenure
- Risk management: diversification, rent level maintenance, tenant credit analysis
- Hedging risk using interest rates and real estate derivatives
- Case studies: what can go right and wrong in real estate investment
Contact us on +44 (0) 20 7776 7500 or email us at email@example.com with any questions you may have and we will be happy to help you.
This course has no prerequisites.
Although real estate investment analysis covers a wide range of financial and economic concepts, these will be introduced with no prior knowledge needed.